Hello, My name is De'Carlos Smith. I am a student at Martha Ellen Stilwell School of The Arts. The pictures you see above are of the well renowned poet, Marvin Bell. I chose Marvin as my poet because of his diversity of poems and how different he is as a poet. I did not want to go for typical poets with typical poems. My decision was outside the box, like his poems are. I hope you enjoy your time on this blog. Thank you for tuning in and Welcome to the Blog!!!!!
Title Based on the title I believe the poem will be about Marvin's feelings towards his dad after his death. "An Afterword To My Father" makes me believe that he is talking to his dad or telling a story about his dad after he has passed. Maybe even it's what he would want his last words to be to his father; We will see as we read. Paraphrase Line 1: "Still the wood I knocked on". Marvin is saying, after your death I still tried to call out to you. Sounds like he is still longing for something that is not there. Line 2: "is the family tree. I'm not a god,". He is knocking on the family tree but he is not God. He has to be the man of the house without his father there but he has not the powers of God because he is just man. line 3: "I haven't the face for it". He doesn't have the appearance to be God. He says that he can not be what he needs to because he is not ready or he feels he doesn't have the appearance of the...
Comments
Post a Comment