Title The title of the poem I have selected is The Condition. Based strictly of off looking at the title I can predict the poem is about limitations or terms set on somebody or something. Usually when someone says there are conditions they mean terms or something that happens or some type of rule you have to follow. The Condition makes me think of the rule or the stipulation of a action. We will understand more in detail as we read. Paraphrase Line 1: "The darkness within me is growing". This line is saying that something on the inside of the narrator is becoming bigger. It is something bad, as the narrator says "The darkness". This could mean bad emotions or bad thoughts build on the inside of the narrator. Line 2: "I am turned out". The narrator is experiencing out of body experiences. "turned out" meaning not in the right mind or not the same as usual. The darkness on the inside is changing the narrator. Line 3: "Thought feeds...
Popular posts from this blog
Hello, My name is De'Carlos Smith. I am a student at Martha Ellen Stilwell School of The Arts. The pictures you see above are of the well renowned poet, Marvin Bell. I chose Marvin as my poet because of his diversity of poems and how different he is as a poet. I did not want to go for typical poets with typical poems. My decision was outside the box, like his poems are. I hope you enjoy your time on this blog. Thank you for tuning in and Welcome to the Blog!!!!!
To an Adolescent Weeping Willow Marvin Bell , 1937 I don’t know what you think you’re doing, sweeping the ground. You do it so easily, backhanded, forehanded. You hardly bend. Really, you sway. What can it mean when a thing is so easy? I threw dirt on my father’s floor. Not dirt, but a chopped green dirt which picked up dirt. I pushed the push broom. I oiled the wooden floor of the store. He bent over and lifted the coal into the coal stove. With the back of the shovel he came down on the rat just topping the bin and into the fire. What do you think?—Did he sway? Did he kiss a rock for luck? Did he soak up water and climb into light and turn and turn? Did he weep and weep in the yard? Yes, I think he did. Yes, now I think he did. So, Willow, you come sweep my floor. I have no store. I have a yard. A big yard. I have a song to weep. I have a cry. You who rose up from the dirt, because I put you there and like to walk my head in under your earliest feath...

Comments
Post a Comment